G'day from Adelaide, Australia

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Antipode

Post by Antipode »

Hi there!

My name is Christoph and I discovered Librivox a few years ago when I commuted in my car on long journeys. I have since become a bit addicted to listening to audio recordings of all sorts when doing... well, anything really, and being a volunteer in aged care, have also experienced how audiobooks enrich people’s lives when health issues prevent them from reading/holding a book or tablet.

English is my second language, German my first, so I have multiple talents to bring already. Reading others' introductions, I am impressed by the obvious capabilities here. Many voice-over artists and professionals are holding the Librivox community accountable and to high standards. That is awesome but also quite intimidating. :roll:

I will learn and develop myself before I start recording, but feel, that the desire to “pay forward” the pleasures I enjoy when listening to this organisations’ products, overrides my stage fright, so that I will plunge in headfirst. What’s the worst that can happen!?

See you around :)
Christoph

"... as I am fond of reading even the very scraps of paper in the street ..." Miguel de Cervantes, The History of Don Quixote
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Antipode wrote: July 16th, 2021, 8:06 pm Hi there!

My name is Christoph and I discovered Librivox a few years ago when I commuted in my car on long journeys. I have since become a bit addicted to listening to audio recordings of all sorts when doing... well, anything really, and being a volunteer in aged care, have also experienced how audiobooks enrich people’s lives when health issues prevent them from reading/holding a book or tablet.

English is my second language, German my first, so I have multiple talents to bring already. Reading others' introductions, I am impressed by the obvious capabilities here. Many voice-over artists and professionals are holding the Librivox community accountable and to high standards. That is awesome but also quite intimidating. :roll:

I will learn and develop myself before I start recording, but feel, that the desire to “pay forward” the pleasures I enjoy when listening to this organisations’ products, overrides my stage fright, so that I will plunge in headfirst. What’s the worst that can happen!?

G'day and herzlich willkommen Christoph!

Please don't be overawed. Most of us are amateurs (in both senses of the word - that is, we are not professionals and also we love what we are doing)

Phil has made a helpful video to introduce newcomers to Librivox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo

Feel free to post your queries to the Need Help forum , people here like to be helpful.

Best,

Barbara
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Antipode wrote: July 16th, 2021, 8:06 pm Hi there!
Hello & welcome, Christoph! 😎
I have since become a bit addicted to listening to audio recordings of all sorts when doing... well, anything really, and being a volunteer in aged care, have also experienced how audiobooks enrich people’s lives when health issues prevent them from reading/holding a book or tablet.
That`s true!
Many voice-over artists and professionals are holding the Librivox community accountable and to high standards. That is awesome but also quite intimidating. :roll:
Don`t be shy! 🐡
Exactly nothing, I believe...
Thank you for volunteering here! Stay safe! 🤝
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄