Long time listener - New hopeful volunteer

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MetalFrost66

Post by MetalFrost66 »

Hi everyone.

I've been listening to audiobooks on this website for years, but recently decided to give volunteering a try (just waiting to see if my 1 minute test is alright).

I'm Irish, from the west of the country and currently living in Dublin. As you can tell from the test I have a deep baritone voice, but if my test passes and you have need of such a voice just hit me up. :D
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello from the Wild Atlantic Coast, MetalFrost 66. Welcome to Librivox. It's great to have you here!

There are lots of things going on here all the time, so at the beginning it might be a bit confusing. I'd say just take your time to browse around to read the information and see how things are done. There are some very useful videos for new members at the top of this forum.

Once your test is OK'd, you are ready to go and find projects of your liking to record. When you browse the different forums you'll find a variety of projects to choose from: dramatic readings, short works, multilingual projects, etc.

As a suggestion, it's recommended to new members to start by claiming a short section in a group project. In this way they can get familiar with the recording and editing process before embarking on a solo project.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun recording. We are a friendly community! If you have any questions just post in the Need Help forum and other members will reply.

Have a fantastic time here.

Many happy recordings!
Slainte
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

MetalFrost66 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 3:29 pm Hi everyone.

As you can tell from the test I have a deep baritone voice.
Heya! 🤠

A velvet one, I`d say. 👍
Welcome & thank you for your work here, good man! 🙏
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄