New Old Guy

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
woodchuckchuck

Post by woodchuckchuck »

Hi folks I'm Chuck from Wisconsin USA. I was here a long time ago (2006) and really enjoyed this but got terribly busy. Surprised my password still works. I've been meaning to come back to read and maybe help out in other ways too. Now is the time. I hope the protocol hasn't changed too much. I should be able to handle it. I remember you guys as a very friendly and supportive bunch and I'd like to be a part of this project again.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome back!

It's been quite a while! I looked at your old posts and it seems we didn't even have our own uploader when you were here last. :shock:
So yes, things did change quite a bit in the last 15 years, so do have a look around before you delve right in.

I'm guessing that your equipment and/or recording space also got an upgrade since then, so you might want to do a 1-min. test to see if everything is still working. Our wiki (linked on top of the page) has plenty of info. Plus: you get to try out the uploader. :wink:

Nice to have you back - have fun on here (again).
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

woodchuckchuck wrote: July 4th, 2021, 6:08 pm Hi folks I'm Chuck from Wisconsin USA. I was here a long time ago (2006) and really enjoyed this but got terribly busy. Surprised my password still works. I've been meaning to come back to read and maybe help out in other ways too. Now is the time. I hope the protocol hasn't changed too much. I should be able to handle it. I remember you guys as a very friendly and supportive bunch and I'd like to be a part of this project again.
Welcome back, Chuck! ⛵

Happy to see you`ve refreshed your knowledge about LV things and are already enjoying yourself, recording various things.
Btw, I believe not so many things have changed here since you`ve been here previously, am I right? 🧔

See you! 🐭
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄