Hi everyone! Newbie PL here :)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Hello! :D

My name is Amon, and I am new to the LibriVox forum. I am a high school rising junior from Hong Kong, and I would like to become a volunteer PL! I have looked at all the PL FAQs and instructions, and I'm ready to volunteer on my first project! If you ever require a PL and are unable to find one, feel free to PM me and I will take a look! Looking forward to work with you all.

Amon
- Amon
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Amon, and welcome to Librivox! It's great to have you here.

In order to find projects to PL I suggest you visit the different forums: New Projects Launch Pad, the several Readers Wanted forums, or Listeners and Editors Wanted, and ask in individual project threads whether they need a PL.

Projects that need a PL/DPL (dedicated proof listener who will listen to all the files in a given project) will have the symbol ~ in front of the title. (However, sometimes the project has already found a PL and the symbol is not removed: it has happened to me more than once - do not let that discourage you :lol: )

I have been PLing both in English and Spanish ( the latter being my native language) since January and enjoy it immensely.

I'm sure you'll have a great time here! Happy proof-listening! :clap:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Dulcamara wrote: July 4th, 2021, 2:06 pm Hello, Amon, and welcome to Librivox! It's great to have you here.

In order to find projects to PL I suggest you visit the different forums: New Projects Launch Pad, the several Readers Wanted forums, or Listeners and Editors Wanted, and ask in individual project threads whether they need a PL.

Projects that need a PL/DPL (dedicated proof listener who will listen to all the files in a given project) will have the symbol ~ in front of the title. (However, sometimes the project has already found a PL and the symbol is not removed: it has happened to me more than once - do not let that discourage you :lol: )

I have been PLing both in English and Spanish ( the latter being my native language) since January and enjoy it immensely.

I'm sure you'll have a great time here! Happy proof-listening! :clap:
Thank you for the warm welcome and for those handy tips! See you around the forum :thumbs:
- Amon
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Oreki wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 11:46 pm Hello! :D

My name is Amon, and I am new to the LibriVox forum. I am a high school rising junior from Hong Kong, and I would like to become a volunteer PL! I have looked at all the PL FAQs and instructions, and I'm ready to volunteer on my first project! If you ever require a PL and are unable to find one, feel free to PM me and I will take a look! Looking forward to work with you all.

Amon
Welcome, Amon! 🐰

I`m a practicing PLer too. Happy to meet another one interested in this activity. 🤠
Have a good luck! 👍
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄