Excited to be here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
yolandareads

Post by yolandareads »

Hi! My name is Yolanda, and I have a wide variety of interests. Books have always been a big part of my life. I volunteered at my community library as a teen until I was old enough to work there, and while it has been more than a decade since, I love that this foray will put me back into the world of books. I've also worked in a classroom setting for several years, and I've always read to my students, from the 4 and 5s to the teens. We've done readers' theatre some years, and I've also had the opportunity to introduce audiobooks to my students. For a while, I have wanted to do audiobook recordings, and I am excited for the opportunity to be here and volunteer in this capacity while doing some summer reading. Last summer I worked on compiling a large list of children's books with a specific focus, and while I know that these books here will all be those in the public domain, I am also interested in seeing if any of the books open will align with that project. I hope to eventually be part of one of the dramatized collaborations, too. Knowing that there are other avenues here, as well, I am also available to work as a dedicated proof listener and on cover graphics for the catalog. I hope I can do justice to many authors' works and add to the awesome catalog of service LibriVox provides. Overall, I am highly excited to be here and look forward to getting started!
Last edited by yolandareads on July 3rd, 2021, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Welcome, Yolanda!

The best place to start is the wiki guide for Listeners and Volunteers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Main_Page . This will give you an idea of what you need and the steps to getting started. I recommend poking around the Librivox site for a bit as well as these boards to get a feel for how the whole process works, if you haven't previously been familiar with Librivox or used it as a listener.

You will want to do your 1-minute test to make sure your technical specs are good to go and once that has been okay'd, then a good way to get your feet wet is to do a chapter in a group project, or read a short work or a poem for one of the collections that are always going on in the Readers Wanted: Short Works board.

If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
yolandareads

Post by yolandareads »

Thank you, Colleen! I've been reading through some of the wiki guides and the boards here, and I've got my 1-minute test posted.

Yolanda
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

yolandareads wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 10:13 am Hi! My name is Yolanda, and I have a wide variety of interests.
Overall, I am highly excited to be here and look forward to getting started!
Hi and welcome, Yolanda! 🌺

Nice to meet you here. Thank you for your enthusiasm and productive efforts. 🔥
Have fun and good health! 🐟
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄