A new voice from Maryland currently, although not originally.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
CSGAudio

Post by CSGAudio »

Hey gang, I just want to introduce myself. I first started working in radio in the 80s in Needles Ca. at KSFE Radio. I was still in High School and joined the military shortly after that. Although I had many side gigs as a VJ and Club DJ, I never took my voice very seriously, even though many people told me over the years that I have a decent voice.

Now, as a real estate photographer, I have had the opportunity to do several voiceovers for the walkthrough tours that I create for my agents, and I have decided to take my game to the next level. This is why I have joined LibriVox and I look forward to learning all I can from you amazing artists here!
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Welcome CSGAudio!

The best place to start is the wiki guide for Listeners and Volunteers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Main_Page . This will give you an idea of what you need and the steps to getting started. I recommend poking around the Librivox site for a bit as well as these boards to get a feel for how the whole process works, if you haven't previously been familiar with Librivox or used it as a listener.

You will want to do your 1-minute test to make sure your technical specs are good to go and once that has been okay'd, then a good way to get your feet wet is to do a chapter in a group project, or read a short work or a poem for one of the collections that are always going on in the Readers Wanted: Short Works board.

If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

CSGAudio wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 12:34 pm Hey gang,
Hi Christopher! 🧔
many people told me over the years that I have a decent voice.
Very pleasant indeed!
Now, as a real estate photographer, I have had the opportunity to do several voiceovers for the walkthrough tours that I create for my agents, and I have decided to take my game to the next level.
Good decision! Thanx for acting here and have good luck! 🚀 🙏
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄