Hi I'm happy to be here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
suppermud

Post by suppermud »

Hi I am Sean, and I am a high school student living in central Virginia. I've been trying to find how to start recording for a while now because everyone I know has mentioned at least once that they like my voice. A while ago I bought a microphone and was going to try posting some sound clips somewhere, but couldn't really find a good place. I then told my mother about wanting to do recording and asked if she had a good place to post them and pointed me here. I have much experience with my current recording software just toying around with it, although I will still post the 1 minute test to verify it's up to standard. Hoping something good happens and will be talking soon. I did just recently get a big upgrade with my computer setup and can now use audacity and may start using it for simplicity.
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Hi Sean! Welcome!

The best place to start is the wiki guide for Listeners and Volunteers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Main_Page . This will give you an idea of what you need and the steps to getting started. I recommend poking around the Librivox site for a bit as well as these boards to get a feel for how the whole process works, if you haven't previously been familiar with Librivox or used it as a listener.

You will want to do your 1-minute test to make sure your technical specs are good to go and once that has been okay'd, then a good way to get your feet wet is to do a chapter in a group project, or read a short work or a poem for one of the collections that are always going on in the Readers Wanted: Short Works board.

If you have any questions, just ask. Enjoy!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai