Hi, I am a new forum member

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Porkkodi

Post by Porkkodi »

I am Porkkodi from India. I've been a Librivox user for almost seven years now. Now I've finally decided to join this wonderful forum. I am just going to learn to use this forum first. I do hope I am doing this first 'introducing myself' thing correctly.
So I am a postgraduate holder in Political Science. I've just completed my M.A. degree about two months back and still await final results. I am looking to join a Ph.D. and thence to a career in teaching and research. Apart from that, I love to read, I love to write poetry, and I love to listen to melodious songs. I've got a pretty active imagination that has shocked many! I am highly sensitive, and I always love a good laugh. I am looking forward to making new friends, and also to contributing to the wonderful work done by Librivox!
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Welcome, Porkkodi! Like yourself, I was a Librivox listener for many years, and more recently I have summoned up the courage to do some reading myself. Since joining, I have found that this is, indeed, a wonderful forum, just as you say. I hope you won't take offence if I say I've always wondered where the 'science' could possibly be in 'political science'. I am definitely speaking as an ignoramus here :D I wish you well pursuing a career in teaching and research. That line of work seems to be getting harder and harder all the time, but I do think of it as most worthwhile work, both on the teaching and researching side. I wish you the best of good fortune on Librivox!

Peter Dann
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Porkkodi wrote: June 8th, 2021, 1:33 am I am Porkkodi from India. I've been a Librivox user for almost seven years now. Now I've finally decided to join this wonderful forum.
That`s great! Welcome, Porkkodi! 🙂
I do hope I am doing this first 'introducing myself' thing correctly.
Yeah, indeed you do! 🙃
I love to listen to melodious songs.
This is not surprising for the one born in the homeland of morsing!
Feel good, Porkkodi! 🌞
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄