New Volunteer from India!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bhanups1991

Post by bhanups1991 »

Hello Everyone

Greetings from India!

I am Bhanu from India. I just joined Librivox. I love to read and narrate books. Although I haven't narrated much but would love to develop it as a skill. I believe Librivox will serve as an excellent training ground for me.

I read that I have to upload a 1 minute test recording. Is there a fixed script for this? If yes, then can anyone post the link to the webpage where I can find it?

I have one more question. Does Librivox also record/manage books written in Hindi? If yes, I'd like to volunteer for that as well.

Thanks
Bhanu Pratap Sharma
bhanu
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hello Bhanu,

a warm welcome to LibriVox.

Answer to your first question: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Main_Page#One_Minute_Test
There you will find the informations for the 1-minute-test.
The script you'll find here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

In a quick search I found this pieces in hindi:
https://librivox.org/search?title=&author=&reader=&keywords=&genre_id=0&status=all&project_type=either&recorded_language=72&sort_order=catalog_date&search_page=1&search_form=advanced

So, have fun while reading.
If you have more questions - ask, here is a helpful comunity.

Greetings from Germany.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 3 Rollen unbesetzt
I will be on vacation from March 28 to April 1.
bhanups1991

Post by bhanups1991 »

Thanks Lorda for your reply.
Since I didn't receive any reply so far, so I looked it up and found the answers to both the questions I asked.

Anyway, thanks for your answers.

I have uploaded my 1 Minute Test recording on the Listeners and Editors Wanted page. (https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_bhanups1991.mp3)
Is there anything else that I have to do as a new user/volunteer or I am ready to claim books/sections to read/record?

Thanks
bhanu
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Hi Bhanu,

before claiming sections to read, you need to wait for the OK of your 1-minute test.
The technical specifications required by LibriVox are checked and, if necessary, the corrections to be made are addressed.

So, if your test is OK, you are ready to start.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 3 Rollen unbesetzt
I will be on vacation from March 28 to April 1.
bhanups1991

Post by bhanups1991 »

lorda wrote: ↑June 7th, 2021, 4:59 am Hi Bhanu,

before claiming sections to read, you need to wait for the OK of your 1-minute test.
The technical specifications required by LibriVox are checked and, if necessary, the corrections to be made are addressed.

So, if your test is OK, you are ready to start.
Thanks. I'll wait for the OK then. :|
bhanu
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

bhanups1991 wrote: ↑June 6th, 2021, 11:16 pm Hello Everyone
Hulloa & welcome, Bhanu! 🀠

Take a herd of cool cows for good luck! πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ
πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
bhanups1991

Post by bhanups1991 »

HandmadePSK wrote: ↑September 17th, 2021, 3:53 am
bhanups1991 wrote: ↑June 6th, 2021, 11:16 pm Hello Everyone
Hulloa & welcome, Bhanu! 🀠

Take a herd of cool cows for good luck! πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ
πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ πŸ„ πŸ‚ πŸƒ
I don't know how to take your comment.
Is that sarcasm or a bad joke?
Well, whatever it is, I DON'T LIKE IT.

Be kind. Please.

Thanks
Bhanu
bhanu
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

bhanups1991 wrote: ↑September 18th, 2021, 7:27 am I don't know how to take your comment.
Is that sarcasm or a bad joke?
Well, whatever it is, I DON'T LIKE IT.

Be kind. Please.

Thanks
Dear Bhanu!

First of all, I sincerely beg your pardon, being afraid of having been misunderstood.

Please, let me explain my vision and previous words (and excuse my pretty imperfect English, for I`m only learning it):

1) Having never been in India, I`ve seen many times on various kinds of Discovery channel and travel shows that
in India Sanctity of the cow, in Hinduism, the belief that the cow is representative of divine and natural beneficence and should therefore be protected and venerated. ... In addition, because her products supplied nourishment, the cow was associated with motherhood and Mother Earth.
(Google quotation)
Therefore, I don`t imagine the better and more laconic way to say good wishes to a Hindu.

2) In our own family workshop, we have especially warm relationship with cows and bulls. If you visit our website, you'll see them - with butterfly wings, for precision. We like that symbol and animal very much. In particular, I have my personal white bull named Skyrider.

3) Various times I used cows, saying welcome to the LV volunteers from India and since now it produced only positive effects and feedback.

Considering all that, I sincerely don`t see any sarcasm, (bad) joke or unkindness from my part to yours, but anyhow ask you pardon and I believe I will no send you any message more, being afraid of harm your feelings in some unclear to me way.

Thank you for your volunteering and all the best wishes! (with no additional images, this time)
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„