Hello everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

I have always loved reading aloud, and I've been meaning to read for LibriVox for several years. I've gotten through a few classics thanks to the kind folks at LibriVox. Time to give back!

My day job involves a lot of silent hours that without cats and my husband would feel monastic, so volunteering as a reader is a good fit for me, I think! It's verbal but still well-suited for an introvert :) When I worked as a caregiver many years ago, my favorite hours were always those spent reading to someone. Not long before that time, I was also involved in college theater, and I've missed performing and collaborating with other creative types ever since.

I will post my 1-minute test as soon as my microphone arrives in a few days. Nothing fancy just yet, but I hope it'll work. Lots to learn!
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Welcome from another introvert! One of the things I like about volunteering here is that it feels sociable on the site and you can feel like you are making a real contribution to the world without overly draining your own batteries. And since I know my “battery levels” can fluctuate wildly, it’s nice to have something to do without feeling like you are required to leave the house and interact with the world directly!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
msfry

Post by msfry »

ColleenMc wrote: June 5th, 2021, 12:55 pm Welcome from another introvert! One of the things I like about volunteering here is that it feels sociable on the site and you can feel like you are making a real contribution to the world without overly draining your own batteries. And since I know my “battery levels” can fluctuate wildly, it’s nice to have something to do without feeling like you are required to leave the house and interact with the world directly!

Colleen
Welcome Chapter 11. Well said. Totally agree. I love my robe and slippers, no make up, etc. But I gotta figure out how to get some more exercise. :shock:
Come read something for my projects (see below).
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

ColleenMc wrote: June 5th, 2021, 12:55 pm Welcome from another introvert! One of the things I like about volunteering here is that it feels sociable on the site and you can feel like you are making a real contribution to the world without overly draining your own batteries. And since I know my “battery levels” can fluctuate wildly, it’s nice to have something to do without feeling like you are required to leave the house and interact with the world directly!

Colleen
Thank you for the warm welcome, fellow introvert - that pretty much sums it up! It's funny - I can perform or work behind the scenes, but my social battery levels can fluctuate so wildly that it's difficult to commit to anything that involves talking for more than 5 minutes :lol: But I look forward to getting to know you all here in the forums, where I can do what I feel I can't in person--sit and reflect and take a break if needed!
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

msfry wrote: June 5th, 2021, 4:41 pm

Colleen
Welcome Chapter 11. Well said. Totally agree. I love my robe and slippers, no make up, etc. But I gotta figure out how to get some more exercise. :shock:
Come read something for my projects (see below).
Thank you for the wonderful welcome, Michele - you made me laugh.

I would love to read something for your projects. I am about to post my 1-minute test. This is more challenging but even more fun than I imagined.

edit 1: corrected name! :oops:
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

What great project ideas - I will see if I can find a 15-minute story that interests me. In the meantime, I'll get some practice on a chapter of something I've got my eyes on for practice.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

chapter11 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 6:06 pm Lots to learn!
Hello & welcome, Jolina! 🌸

Thank you for coming! Introverts rule) 😺 🖐
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄