Greeting from Upstate New York!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Asproule1984

Post by Asproule1984 »

Greetings Librivoxels! Name's Aaron. I had been talking for half an eternity about doing voice over and finally decided to pull the trigger on it a couple months ago. Any suggestions for a fledgling narrator?
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Greetings! No advice, as I am also new - like you, I've been talking about doing something like this for a long time. I love Upstate New York. So gorgeous! It's been far too long since my last visit (years...years and years).

All best to you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Greetings from across the lake!

Your Welcome email has a bunch of links to things like the Newbie Guide to Recording. First step: set up. Second step: "sound check" (the 1-minute test). Third step: jump into the Readers Wanted forums, find something that interests you, and help us record!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Asproule1984

Post by Asproule1984 »

I already have some ideas for what I would like to record first. I have a trio of books of classic horror and ghost stories my girlfriend bought for me. I already recorded a rough draft to try myself out. The Archer in the Arras by Lewis Spence. Unfortunately, if going by publication date (1932), it looks like a no go. Will have to do some research and find another one.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Asproule1984 wrote: June 4th, 2021, 5:40 pm Greetings Librivoxels! Name's Aaron. I had been talking for half an eternity about doing voice over and finally decided to pull the trigger on it a couple months ago.
Welcome, Aaron! 🪂

Thank you for coming and have nice results of pulling the trigger! 🔫
Especially thank you for making me know the phrase "We annihilate chickens and time and policemen and space". 🐣
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Asproule1984

Post by Asproule1984 »

You are quite welcome. Love that Line!!