Hello from Vancouver- Let the madness begin!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
theblizzardofoz3

Post by theblizzardofoz3 »

Hi all,

What a great space this is. I have just been having a look around and can't wait to get started.

I am a writer, director, producer because I started as an actor. Explanation; I formed a production company in the beginning of my career and accidentally got good at creating content???? During this run I cast myself as narrator for a television project, it felt strange at first and I wasn't sure if I cast the right person and felt guilty. Then low n behold it actually received some accolades that led to a fair amount of V-O jobs. Vindication felt pretty nice. Now I'd like to further educate myself.

I'm really interested in doing some books. I think I might like to do medical text books too hahah crazy right? I don't know? I have always liked learning new words and I'm pretty sure half the text would be new to me there!

The technical side of recording is very new to me and I have purchased "REAPER" to use as my audio software. Hoping there are some experts out there willing to answer some questions.

Anyways I look forward to connecting with likeminded individuals and wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours!

Best,
Rick
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Rick. Actually some of us are verging on sane so beware. You have a great background to jump right in here. We do have some Reaper users and they will probably help if they can. Most all of us use Audacity though.

I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
TheVoiceInMyHead

Post by TheVoiceInMyHead »

Hello Rick!
I am also new, so I just thought I would be social and say hello to the last ten persons who posted a "Just got here!" message! My name is Giovanna, and while I have no experience with reading, I do love audio! As a researcher, I found out just how democratic the audio dimension is, and since I accidentally also really enjoy it, here I am to give back to something I have taken a lot from in the last few years!

Let's see where the wind take us! We should check back with each other in 6 months and see what we have contributed to Librivox in that time!

Cheers,

Giovanna