Hello from Australia!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
macklemorefanclub

Post by macklemorefanclub »

Hiya!

I am a teenager with a dumb pseudonym. I've always been very interested in the process of creating audiobooks, and when I found out that there was a volunteer service, I couldn't have signed up quicker! (I totally could have, it took me three weeks.) I'm here to sharpen my tongue and read some books— and I'm all out of books. If anyone is interested in giving me some direction past the readers wanted subforum (i.e. if there is a specific project that may suit me as a new volunteer), that would be a great gift. Also, I would be very happy to join any dedicated Discord servers.

Glad to be here, and thanks to everyone I've seen who's been so willing to help!
TheVoiceInMyHead

Post by TheVoiceInMyHead »

Hello! It took me a couple of weeks too, so you are not alone!

I am also new, so I just thought I would be social and say hello to the last ten persons who posted a "Just got here!" message! My name is Giovanna, and while I have no experience with reading, I do love audio! As a researcher, I found out just how democratic the audio dimension is, and since I accidentally also really enjoy it, here I am to give back to something I have taken a lot from in the last few years!

Let's see where the wind take us! We should check back with each other in 6 months and see what we have contributed to Librivox in that time! Will be great to hear something in the Australian accent! I was discussing with some friends how the audio dimension of (for example) the BBC (UK service, not world service) is very standardized in terms of accents: more global diversity would be lovely (given how many foreigners live in the UK). Off topic, sorry, but looking forward to hearing something being read by an Australian (or an Austrian, or an Egyptian....)

Cheers,

Giovanna
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

macklemorefanclub wrote: June 1st, 2021, 9:38 pm Hiya!
Welcome, guy! Thanx for being here! 😎 🤝
Also, I would be very happy to join any dedicated Discord servers.
I`m afraid, I don`t know what is that... 🙈
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄