Back to LibriVox!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kaflaeditor

Post by kaflaeditor »

Dear All!

This is kaflaeditor a. k. a. Harish from India. I did join LibriVox about two years ago but could not make a single contribution due to the lack of proper hardware. Then, I lost access to my account and e-mail too.

A lot happened after that, I completed my post-graduation, taught English at a university and then resigned.

My target is to record all the public domain books in English, Hindi and Punjabi (Indian languages). I am also trying to get volunteers for preserving all the public domain literature produced in India. I have also started working with Distributed Proofreaders.

In addition to that, (and before anything else) I intend to participate in a lot of English play/drama recordings as I miss the college theatre so much.

Yours thankfully
kaflaeditor
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Welcome back! You have big goals but also sound like you have picked a first bite of a reasonable size. I took part in my first dramatic work this year and it was fun! It’s a little weird getting used to the mechanics of recording this type of thing over traditional narrative so I suggest starting with small parts (I was a maid with about 5 lines!) to get used to the process and make it easier on yourself.

If you have any questions just ask on the need Help? Board, people are friendly and helpful there!

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
kaflaeditor

Post by kaflaeditor »

Dear ColleenMc

Thanks for your encouraging words.

Yes, I agree that acting out small parts is better. I did apply to be a servant in a recording two years ago. Hoping to serve more characters this time.

Yours thankfully
Harish Kumar
username: kaflaeditor