Greetings, everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
slavictatra

Post by slavictatra »

Greetings, everyone!

I'm a busy wine studies student, and my name is Olly. I have been told by many people that my voice is good for narration, so I thought I would try my hand at recording for LibriVox :)

I found out about this project via a friend, and I must say, the work that the volunteers are doing here is truly valuable. Especially for preserving the ideas and imaginations of times long past. Just to let everyone know,
I am about to upload the "1 minute test", and all feedback is appreciated. I've put my recording through the checker program (and passed it), as well as using the proper settings on audacity.

Thank you for your time :)

PS: I hope the quality that my current microphone has is good enough, and if it is not, please let me know. That's one key thing I would highly appreciate some feedback for. (Oh, and I hope this is the correct place to post this)
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

slavictatra wrote: May 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Greetings, everyone!

I'm a busy wine studies student, and my name is Olly. I have been told by many people that my voice is good for narration, so I thought I would try my hand at recording for LibriVox :)
Hello Olly and welcome to LibriVox! OMG, wine studies... why hasn't my advisor ever mentioned that one? I feel like I made a terrible mistake in my career choice. :mrgreen:

Michael
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

slavictatra wrote: May 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Greetings, everyone!
Welcome, Olly! 👐
I have been told by many people that my voice is good for narration,

I agree with them)
so I thought I would try my hand at recording for LibriVox :)
really good idea!
I found out about this project via a friend, and I must say, the work that the volunteers are doing here is truly valuable.
Thank you for taking part at it!
Thank you for your time :)
Thank you for being here! 🐬
PS: I hope the quality that my current microphone has is good enough, and if it is not, please let me know. That's one key thing I would highly appreciate some feedback for.

Personally, I don`t hear any problem. Btw, LV tech requirements aren`t very high, so I`m sure you`re OK.

Best wishes! 🌟
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄