Hello from Rancho Mirage, CA

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
pawstrickery

Post by pawstrickery »

As a teacher, I love reading stories to children and using different voices for inflection.

When I came across LibriVox, I got excited. From my childhood, I have a 12-book series of My Book House, copyright 1950. I even uploaded three test recordings to get the settings right (third time’s the charm).

But I’m very disappointed. It seems an earlier 6-book series was expanded into 12 books and just about every story from my set has already been recorded. What now?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

pawstrickery wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:10 pm As a teacher, I love reading stories to children and using different voices for inflection.

When I came across LibriVox, I got excited. From my childhood, I have a 12-book series of My Book House, copyright 1950. I even uploaded three test recordings to get the settings right (third time’s the charm).

But I’m very disappointed. It seems an earlier 6-book series was expanded into 12 books and just about every story from my set has already been recorded. What now?
Welcome to LibriVox! If you'd like to record another version of that series, we would totally welcome that... as long as the text is in the public domain (published more than 95 years ago). Anyway, it looks like you already have a plan B. :)

Michael
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

pawstrickery wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:10 pm As a teacher, I love reading stories to children and using different voices for inflection.
My dear wife Margarita is a teacher too. I like so much to hear her telling stories to children! 🤠

Welcome, Patrick! 🌞
Stay safe & have good time! 🥐
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄