Hello from West coast!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
YbarakiVO

Post by YbarakiVO »

Hello, I figure I should start from here and do stuff by the book till I get a grasp on what to do.

You can call me Ybaraki, or Ybarra, or just Ibarra(They/Them), since it's more or less the same to me. So long as your nice, I don't mind nicknames. I want to get into voice over and figure this is a good way to start. Being able to get feedback and study others and see what I can learn from them will be something invaluable since I doubt I can go to acting or improve classes or anything else that's relevant due to the global pandemic.

So any advice, suggestions or anything in general that will help me learn the tricks of the trade is welcome.

I'm one of those boring stick in the mud types that tries to constantly learn new things and improve, so I have a wide range of pointless skills I picked up over the years.

That aside, my interests are mainly history, mythology, or psychology, so it'd be nice to do something that covers those topics one day in the future. All in all, thank you for reading this, and here's hoping I can learn something from all of you in the near future.

I'm gonna try to get my stuff set up before I can work on things. I just got some new cables for my sound setup, so here's hoping I'll be able to upload a presentable demo for feedback soon so I can get started on volunteer readings
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Ybaraki. It's great to have you here.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun at Librivox and learn as well.

Happy recordings! :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.