Greetings from Bengaluru, India

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
gayatrikiran

Post by gayatrikiran »

Hi
I am a psychologist who works with early childhood care, development and special needs. I am also very fond of reading, of course certain genres more than others :)
I was exploring audiobooks and how they are made with the intention of reading for children/ adults with visual impairments.
I must admit, I have no prior experience of this, as I have mainly worked with children and early childhood educators.
In this context, I hope to be able to contribute positively to this initiative...... :D
Best Regards
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, gayatrikiran, and welcome to Librivox!

You'll find this is a friendly and active community. There are lots of things going on all the time so it might be a good idea to browse around the forums to see the different kinds of projects and how things work. Also, there are some excellent videos with helpful information for new members. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to post on the forums. Other members will come to reply.

Maybe you have already submitted your one-minute test. Once that's OK you are ready to find projects you'd like to record. By the way, the test is definitely NOT an audition: it's just to check that you'll be working with Librivox technical specifications.

I'm sure you'll make wonderful contributions to the Librivox catalog.

Have lots of fun here! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jasna
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.