Newbie from Mumbai

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sanjayparikh

Post by sanjayparikh »

Greetings from Mumbai! I recently joined the Librivox forum where I hope to collaborate with several of you by helping to record some of the more interesting and impactful literary works. My journey in this space began approximately 25 years ago when I started to read for the blind students in Mumbai. Given my work commitments, I was unable to do this in person and hence volunteered to record textbooks whenever time permitted. The gratitude of those students is something I shall always cherish. By joining the Librivox community, I hope to be able to contribute to the learning and enjoyment of people worldwide. Sanjay.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Sanjay, and welcome to this community! What a beautiful part of the world you come from! :D

It's great to see you bring such commitment and valuable experience to this project. There are many things going on here all the time, so I'm sure you'll find many projects you'll want to participate in.

After you've submitted your one-minute test and it's OK, you'll be good to go (This is not an audition: it's just to check that you'll be working with Librivox technical specifications). You 'll be able to claim sections in different kinds of collaborative projects or record solo.

This is a friendly site. If you have any questions, feel free to post in the forums and other members will reply.

I'm sure you'll make wonderful contributions to Librivox!

Have a great time here. Happy recordings! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jasna
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
sanjayparikh

Post by sanjayparikh »

My 1-minute test recording just got cleared. Super-excited to get started.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

That's wonderful, Sanjay. Have fun!

I'll see you around. :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

sanjayparikh wrote: May 15th, 2021, 11:05 pm Greetings from Mumbai!
Greetings to Mumbai!

Welcome, Sanjay! 🐄
My journey in this space began approximately 25 years ago
Not bad! A real universe behind the shoulders, I mean a long-standing experience! 🌟
It will surely be useful here; thanx for volunteering and good luck! 🍈
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄