Hello from NC!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MichelleBallard

Post by MichelleBallard »

Hi, I am a mom of two boys to whom I read out loud for most of their lives. I finally stopped when my older was 14. Now that they consider themselves too old for this, I really miss doing it! My older son and I both have low vision, and reading print can be difficult. This is the main reason that I'd like to read with LibriVox: I think it's incredibly important to ensure that books in the public domain (i.e. older books) remain free and accessible to the blind and visually impaired.

I don't have a lot of experience with the technology involved, but I just got Audacity installed and I have a decent microphone. I'll make my 1-minute test soon and I look forward to the learning experience. I'm very grateful and excited to have the opportunity to contribute!
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, MichelleBallard, welcome to Librivox! It's lovely to have you here. I'm sure you'll make a great contribution to the project!

As I was reading your post I SO related to what you say about reading to children. One of my fondest memories is my father reading to us after dinner. It was a much expected treat! :D

I'm a proof-listener, so I'll see you around.

Happy recording, Michelle! :9: :thumbs:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

MichelleBallard wrote: ↑May 14th, 2021, 4:35 pm Hi
Hello and welcome, Michelle! 🌞 πŸ’

Thank you for coming and doing your volunteer work! 🦁
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Dulcamara wrote: ↑May 15th, 2021, 12:56 pm One of my fondest memories is my father reading to us after dinner. It was a much expected treat! :D
πŸ’
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„