New to LibriVox

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rjoseph21

Post by rjoseph21 »

Hey All!

Pretty new here to LibriVox, and I wanted to say hi and I'm excited to get to work on here! I am a graduating senior in undergrad looking to finish up their community service. I thought it best to use the final hours I have available on a great opportunity like LibriVox.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LibriVox!

This is a great place to be and your welcome mail has all the details on where and how to get started (best: with your 1-minute test :wink: )

Just to make this clear: We cannot sign any paperwork as to how many hours to have worked on any LibriVox project. We don't keep any records of time spent on here either. The only "record" we do have is the length of your recording (or proof listening if you're a "Dedicated Proof Listener" for a project) once the project is catalogued.

I hope this works for you and that we'll see you around. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
rjoseph21

Post by rjoseph21 »

Oh yes! I am aware no one here can verify my hours. I already spoke with an advisor and they said they were willing to look into what I was doing on LibriVox. Thank you for the help! Also, I have my own podcast and I was wondering if I would be able to use Pro Tools as a software instead of Audacity?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

We're not picky about the software you're using, just about the outcome - meaning: the tech specs have to be "just so" so we can use your files.

I'd say do your test and check it out and then you can go ahead and record whatever you like (preferably a section or two in a group project so you get a feel of how we do things here :wink:) And it has to be public domain, of course. :lol:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com