Nathan Dunn

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
NDunn

Post by NDunn »

My name is Nathan Dunn, and ever since I started working in retail 20 years ago, people have complimented my voice and said that I should be in radio. I've done nothing with that for 20 years, other than dabble a bit in recording short clips of myself talking about things that irritated me.
Meanwhile, I often tell people about Flatland, and recommend that they read it as a way to begin to understand dimensionality and a possible new way of looking at spirituality. Very few ever read it, but I began to think that it might be fun to record myself reading it and send them the audio files, chapter by chapter. Nothing's more fun than forcing your friends to listen to you read about spatial dimensions, I'd wager.
So then I thought that if I actually recorded the whole thing, I could upload it to Project Gutenberg. But does Gutenberg do audio? I couldn't remember. So I hopped on there, saw that they don't, but found my way to LibriVox, which does, and had two recordings of Flatland already. That's ok, because I checked out the forums, thought the project was pretty cool, and would like to do a bit of recording.
All of this is to say that, like every other person who signs up here, I am excited to give recording audiobooks a whirl, and maybe even learn a few things along the way.

1 Minute Test here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=87187
Last edited by NDunn on May 6th, 2021, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome here, Nathan! Flatland is a unique book! But that doesn't mean there must be a unique recording of it :D Feel free to record your own version, so you can force your friends to listen to it :mrgreen: Then maybe they'll enjoy it so much that they'll join you here at Librivox!
NDunn

Post by NDunn »

Thanks, I just might!
Jd488

Post by Jd488 »

Greetings from a fellow retail veteran! This is a good place to hone your narration chops and to give back to when you do.

Welcome aboard!
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

WOW, Flatland! :clap:

I started reading it during an incredibly busy time in my life and sadly just got half way through it. Perhaps it is time for me to finish it now. Thank you for reminding me of it.

Happy recording, Nathan!
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

NDunn wrote: May 6th, 2021, 8:05 am My name is Nathan Dunn
Hello & welcome, Nathan! 😎
Meanwhile, I often tell people about Flatland, and recommend that they read it as a way to begin to understand dimensionality and a possible new way of looking at spirituality. Very few ever read it, but I began to think that it might be fun to record myself reading it and send them the audio files, chapter by chapter. Nothing's more fun than forcing your friends to listen to you read about spatial dimensions, I'd wager.
I doubt I could read or listen to it well, for I`m just learning English, but I believe I`m going to watch the movie. Thank you for recommendation! 🙏
All of this is to say that, like every other person who signs up here, I am excited to give recording audiobooks a whirl, and maybe even learn a few things along the way.
Why not? Enjoy yourself! 🎺
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄