Hello, newbie here!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Artistic29062019

Post by Artistic29062019 »

Hi,

I'm a young working professional from the east of England and keen to start collaborative/solo work recording for LibriVox. Anyone got any tips and advice on how they got started and also where to make a 1-minute recording? (I think that's a requirement for being able to get work).

Looking forward to hearing from you.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi and welcome to LibriVox!
I know it can definitely be complicated trying to figure everything out at first. A good place to start is by looking around the Wiki to get your bearings.
You'll need to have a functional software platform for recording- a lot of LibriVoxians use Audacity; it's a free recording platform that you can download. Once you've done that, upload it using our LibriVox uploader and create a new topic in the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum, so another volunteer can check the technical specifications for you. Once that's approved, you can move on to claiming a section or two in your first group project (for new volunteers, we recommend starting with collaboratives first. After you've gotten a taste for that, then you can move on to recording a whole book by yourself, if you like.)

As far as tips go, I'd say don't stress too much about anything- it seems really confusing at first, but you'll get the hang of it. Please do ask if you have any questions- we're here to help you out. (I posted much more than my share of questions in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum when I first started!) Also, I'd recommend keeping a glass of water/tea close by when you record, because when you read aloud, you need a lot of hydration, as I'm sure you know.

God bless!

Rachel
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Artistic29062019 wrote: ↑May 6th, 2021, 4:05 am Hi,
Welcome, girl! 🌸 🐑
Your recording is still waiting to be edited. Stay safe! 🍍
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„