New & already stumped!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MKinge

Post by MKinge »

Hiya :D , Im new here :help: , Ive been looking over the technicalities involved & I am already running for the hills... i have an aspire 3 Laptop with headphone + mic setup... with no idea how to configure them to the audacity program i just downloaded... Im super nervy about these things... any laymans terms would be truly appreciated right now... it doesnt appear to work. i can record but without peaks & troughs just miniscule blips... By the way, my name is Michelle I'm from Surrey in the Uk :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

Does this wiki page help? https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Audacity_1-2-3

Regarding the small blips: make sure the microphone you have is selected, and move the mic slider up. If this doesn't bring it up enough, then you'll have to change your mic input in your operating system. Are you on Win 10?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
MKinge

Post by MKinge »

Yes Im on windows 10 & i will indeed try isolating the mic, thank you. here goes.... :shock: :lol:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I will suggest in addition, this video https://youtu.be/l00VDvGTieg
It may or may not help but please please don't give up. I know it is confusing and a lot of stuff but you will work your way through it and be recording very soon. You're already way ahead of the curve having Audacity intalled and looking at an audio track. Keep asking questions! :thumbs:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
MKinge

Post by MKinge »

Thank you Phil that video looks super helpful! :clap: Appreciate it! :thumbs:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

MKinge wrote: ↑May 2nd, 2021, 9:01 am Hiya :D , Im new here :help: , Ive been looking over the technicalities involved & I am already running for the hills...
Hiya and welcome, Michelle! πŸ‘
Have a pleasant running) πŸŒ„
i have an aspire 3 Laptop with headphone + mic setup... with no idea how to configure them to the audacity program i just downloaded... Im super nervy about these things...
I`m happy to know that you`ve overcome well your worries and are already enjoying recording books. 🐸
Be happy! 🍬
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„
MKinge

Post by MKinge »

HandmadePSK wrote: ↑August 20th, 2021, 7:27 pm
MKinge wrote: ↑May 2nd, 2021, 9:01 am Hiya :D , Im new here :help: , Ive been looking over the technicalities involved & I am already running for the hills...
Hiya and welcome, Michelle! πŸ‘
Have a pleasant running) πŸŒ„
i have an aspire 3 Laptop with headphone + mic setup... with no idea how to configure them to the audacity program i just downloaded... Im super nervy about these things...
I`m happy to know that you`ve overcome well your worries and are already enjoying recording books. 🐸
Be happy! 🍬
Aww really appreciate the warm welcome & encouragement. Everyone has been so helpful, truly!

there is a difference in.... running to the hills & running through the hills.... i am happily running through! :mrgreen:

Appreciate your thought & time :9: