Hello to all LibriVoxers!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DevBanks

Post by DevBanks »

Hello all,

My name is Devvon and I am from Milwaukee, WI. I am a former 2009 journalism major from UW-Milwaukee and have been doing narrations and performance / voiceover projects for as long as I can remember. I've never really done any professional work outside of my church and university work, but I joined a v/o community through "Gravy for the Brain" and have been studying and learning all that I can for the past few months. I came here because I needed a place to practice my craft and to get more of a portfolio going, so I am very, very thankful of this place. Plus, I really love literature...like, a lot, lol. Seeing content on Voltaire, Seneca, and work from so many historical works of personal transformation being voiced on here, it really is nice to see how much people still look to literature for so many needs.

Anyways, I know I have to complete a "1-Minute Test" recording before I get started, so I will get started on that. I have a Rode NT-1 and a small closet that I have recorded in for a few recent projects and GFTB has helped me with how to record my audio and given me tips on voicing and techniques, so I think I'll be okay, but I just need to practice more. Anyways, I hope you all have a fantastic day and I hope to interact with many of you on here. Thanks for your time and be safe. :)
-- It's "Read O'Clock" and time to go to the studio! :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Devvon and welcome to Librivox. This is an amazing place to be. If you need any help just ask. Have fun finding books you would like to read.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

DevBanks wrote: April 26th, 2021, 10:22 am Hello all,

I have a small closet. :)
Welcome, Davvon! 🐹
From little closets big stories grow! 👍
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄