Hi from China~

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr »

Hi, I'm Freya Shi (史 in Chinese character).
I’m a graduate student of the University in Australia and I love English, especially listening to English novels (although I didn't get Distinction in my American literature course). I’m really interested in reading books out and listening to audiobooks. I used to do this when I was going through the Harry Potter series, it is also an effective way to improve my English speaking technique. I noticed that there is proof-listening as one of the voluntary work, love it~ :clap:
Also, because of the pandemic, I have stayed in China for over a year and I’m eager to get back to an English speaking environment. The LibriVox community will definitely be a perfect opportunity for me.
I'm really happy to join you guys and hopefully we can be friends! :thumbs:
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Heimdallr wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 8:08 pm Hi, I'm Freya Shi (史 in Chinese character).
I’m a graduate student of the University in Australia and I love English, especially listening to English novels (although I didn't get Distinction in my American literature course). I’m really interested in reading books out and listening to audiobooks. I used to do this when I was going through the Harry Potter series, it is also an effective way to improve my English speaking technique. I noticed that there is proof-listening as one of the voluntary work, love it~ :clap:
Also, because of the pandemic, I have stayed in China for over a year and I’m eager to get back to an English speaking environment. The LibriVox community will definitely be a perfect opportunity for me.
I'm really happy to join you guys and hopefully we can be friends! :thumbs:
Welcome 史 !

Proof-listening sounds like an excellent way to start if you want to get back into an English environment. And the "Readers Wanted: Books" Forum a good place to get into actually recording.

Have you seen this Welcome to Librivox video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtn_2d3_qs

Your welcome email will have mentioned a 1 minute test. This is to just help you check the settings that Librivox requires.

Best,

Barbara
Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr »

Hi barbara~
Thank you for your reply. The "Readers Wanted: Books" forum is exactly what I'm looking for!
I probably do the 1 min test tomorrow, today is hot pod day haha, I'm going to eat hot pod for dinner with my family :D
Thank you again for your warm welcome~
THEZOID

Post by THEZOID »

Hello, Freya-Shi. i am new here too. I envy you being marooned in China, though I have never lived there. You may be happy to know that as a native speaker who has done a fair bit of amateur level announcing, I want to improve as well if only to keep this particular function in good working order. Speech is an instrument like any other (yes, I play a few musical instruments).
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi and welcome to Librivox. This is an amazing place to be. If you need any help just ask. Have fun finding books you would like to read.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Heimdallr wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 8:08 pm Hi
Welcome, Freya! 🌺
Thanx for coming; enjoy yourself!
it is also an effective way to improve my English speaking technique.

Oh, yes, indeed! 🐉
I noticed that there is proof-listening as one of the voluntary work, love it~ :clap:
Sure, it`s always wanted here. ✨
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄