New From Mexico

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Dora98

Post by Dora98 »

Hello everyone!

My name is Dora Anderson and I've loved to read for a long time. I've recently been trying to start a career in voice acting and someone suggested I read aloud for audios for practice. I thought it was a great idea! So I would love to start reading and helping out as soon as I can

Because I've lived in Mexico a few years now, I can read in Spanish. I love to read Fantasy, Epic Fantasy, Cozy Mysteries, Crime Thrillers, Psychological Thrillers, Supernatural Suspense and some Poetry, mostly Poe, Blake, Dickinson and I've recently been looking into Lovecraft and Lord Byron. I also am a Casual Doctor Who fan, a fan of The Sword of Truth series and my favorite Jane Austen book so far is Pride and Prejudice

I'm sure I'll have questions, and I'll try to ask them, I just don't like to take up people's time.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~ Fourth Doctor
"Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it!" ~ Richard Rahl
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Dora, and welcome to Librivox.

You've come to the right place for book/audiobook lovers! If you haven't done it yet, the first thing you'll want to do is submit your one-minute test. This is just to check that you will be using Librivox technical specifications. Once that's OK you are ready to find projects to record. It is suggested to start by claiming a section in a collaborative work so as to gain experience, before moving on to solo works.

Browse the forums - there 's a lot of information there- to see the different kinds of projects that are available.

You'll find this is a friendly place. If you have any questions,or if you need any help, just post in the forums, and other members will offer advice.

Have a great experience in Librivox. Happy recording! :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.