Greetings from Philly

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Regina811

Post by Regina811 »

Hello all,

This is Regina, I'm an adult educator who loves Black history. I discovered LibriVox from listening to the
novel Clotel by William Wells Brown. The novel is a selection in my Victorian-era reading group sponsored by
the Ebenezer Maxwell Mansion, a historic site in my Philadelphia neighborhood.

I would especially enjoy reading selections by African Americans, as I am on the advisory committee for the
Mansion's Deep Rivers: How African Americans Waded through the Waters of Oppression to Achieve Greatness
initiative. We are exploring the lives of important Victorian-era Blacks for a more inclusive history of the period.
And Clotel allows us to examine American life during that period from the perspective of a contemporary
African American writer.

In addition, my education in Communications focused on the impact and access of media on various populations.
Therefore, Huge McGuire's goal to make public domain publications widely available, resonated with me.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the LibriVox mission in any way that I can!
Eyeyamyam

Post by Eyeyamyam »

Hi Regina!

I am also new and wanted to say hi :) Your passion for Black history and your goal to read selections by Africans Americans really resonated with me. I would be happy to help with this in any way that I can (identifying texts, "listening" to your recordings, and reading/recording them).

"See" you around!

Anna
happy as a yam