Hello from California!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
131katyahemprich

Post by 131katyahemprich »

:D I'm ten years old. I love to read aloud many books, and can't wait to work with LibriVox! I read to my grandparents on Zoom (they live in Germany) every week and we are currently reading the Harry Potter series. We have finished Robinson Crusoe, the Swiss Family Robinson, Matilda, the Witches, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's really fun, so I decided to get started narrating on this website! :thumbs:
Teabender

Post by Teabender »

That's awesome! Your grandparents must love that, and those are some great books. Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were some of my favorites when I was growing up. I'm new at reading aloud, but I'm having fun with this site. I hope you do too!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Katya! Welcome to LibriVox! I'm in California as well.
I'm so glad you joined us. I read the Harry Potter series for the first time when I was twelve, and I loved it (it's my favorite series ever!) Hopefully you haven't heard any spoilers in advance.
Before you start recording, you'll need to get your 1-Minute Test approved (information in the Wiki.) It's not an audition, just a first recording to make sure your tech specs are set up correctly. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! We'd love to help you out. :wink:
God bless,
Rachel
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
131katyahemprich

Post by 131katyahemprich »

Thank you, everyone! I have just finished submitting my 1 minute test recording, and am waiting for a reply! :)
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

131katyahemprich wrote: ↑April 17th, 2021, 8:40 pm Thank you, everyone! I have just finished submitting my 1 minute test recording, and am waiting for a reply! :)
You already have a reply over there, check that post pls)

Hello & welcome, Katya! 🧸🍬🐰
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„