Hello from (sunny?) Yorkshire!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JohnClew

Post by JohnClew »

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to the Librivox forums and just dipping my toe into voice narration. I just wanted to introduce myself before I submit a short sample!

I'm known more for my writing than voice narrating (I've had a number of short stories published in the indie press and have self-published three children's books). As part of my day jobs (teaching and marrying people, though not at the same time!) I'm used to public speaking and reading aloud, and I've contributed some voice narrations to a small project which I've really enjoyed and were well-received. There may be a hint of 'Yorkshire' in my dulcet tones, as this is my home county. I read, listen and write voraciously, especially spooky stuff. Despite this, I'm a happily married guy with two sons who, to my annoyance, top my 6 foot stature by a further 6 inches! No justice...

Looking forward to getting involved and, hopefully, narrating some work for Librivox! :D

Best to you all,

John.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hi John! Welcome to LibriVox! I saw you got your 1-minute test worked out. I know it can seem very complicated at first, but the more you record the easier it will get. It seems like you have some related interests and experiences that will help you fit right in here. I know we have quite a few others here who also enjoy writing. I hope you enjoy yourself here, and please ask if you have questions, we are a friendly community here!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

JohnClew wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 9:01 am Hi everyone,
Welcome, John! 🖐

And all the best - to you and your dear 6 inches) 👦👦
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄