Greetings and Salutations!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Wreathian

Post by Wreathian »

Hello Librivox Community! Excited to be here.

I found out about Librivox in the comments of a random post on reddit, the topic of which I can't remember. I had no idea that there was a whole trove of audiobooks for free outside of the library, and the idea that I could be a part of making those was exciting to me. So here I am!

I've participated in a lot of voice-related activities through the years: speech meets, school and community plays, improv, things like that. I've been told I have a good speaking voice, and one suited to drama and expressive endeavors. I love reading, and I love the idea of making books accessible to a wide range of people. I'm looking forward to making this a new (and unique!) hobby.
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, Wreathian, and welcome to Librivox. You've certainly come to the right place for book lovers!

You'll see plenty of information on the boards. (If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask: people are really helpful here.)

The first thing you'll want to do is submit your 1-minute test recording. It is by no means an audition - it's just to check that you'll be working with Librivox technical specifications. Once your test is OK, you are ready to start recording. It is advisable to claim a chapter or section in a group project first, before embarking on a solo project.

Browse around. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun! :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Wreathian wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:02 pm Hello Librivox Community!
Welcome, Wreathian! 🧸
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄