Librivox Was the Meet Cute for Me and My Fictional Boyfriend... Hi!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
BAMClockwise

Post by BAMClockwise »

Hello, everyone!

While I'm still waiting for my second audio upload to get approved, I thought I would do my introduction page! I'm Bethany, almost-31 years old, resident of Illinois (not Chicago), and have always loved reading. When I got my first full-time job, we were allowed to listen to music or whatever when we worked, and I would download audiobooks from here so that I could listen to some classics I'd never read/needed to reread, which included Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, and a bunch of Jane Austen books.

But my favorite book I listened to on LibriVox was The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy (read by Karen Savage, who does a great job). I very quickly fell in love with the title character in this story, and as I relistened to it and bought the book and reread it multiple times and delved into its sequels and raved about it to everyone I know (of which only 4 have even read it, and 2 on my recommendation), I've become mildly obsessed. It's probably also because very few people actually know this story, so while you find people who rave about Darcy and Jane Austen's works or other characters, you don't run into a lot of fans of The Scarlet Pimpernel. So anyway, he's my "fictional boyfriend", which is just a nerdy way of saying I love the character.

Anyway, I decided I really like reading out loud and wanted to give it a go on a larger basis, so I'm excited to hopefully be able to jump into a project soon!

Thanks, and Happy PI Day!
-Bethany
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Ha! Funny!

I haven't listened to (or read) the Scarlet Pimpernel in years. I should add it to my "to listen for pleasure" list. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

BAMClockwise wrote: March 14th, 2021, 3:22 pm Hello, everyone!
Welcome, Bethany! 🤓
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Bethany.

Have a great time here! :D
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
Amendis

Post by Amendis »

What a great intro! Welcome aboard.