Hello from the Who Dat Nation!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Jd488

Post by Jd488 »

Thanks for adding me! I'm an indie author from New Orleans, LA who has become intrigued with the idea of narrating audiobooks and doing voice over. I'm willing to learn, make some friends, and add completed work here.

I see that there is a 1-minute test. All I have at the moment is my laptop mic, which I don't like. I plan to order an AudioTechnica AT2020+ (or better if it's on sale) microphone to record here. If you need the test now, I could do it with my laptop mic.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LV!

It's a good idea to start with a test, and even better to do it with the microphone you're going to use. The test is not for you, but for your equipment to be set up properly. :wink:

For now, you can take a look around the forums and see what we're up to and how we do things. Always good to get a headstart!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Jd488 wrote: March 13th, 2021, 8:12 pm Thanks for adding me!
Welcome, guy! 😎
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome from another WhoDat guy. I grew up in the Big Easy but moved to Baton rouge many years ago. You are gonna love it here. Image
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Jd488

Post by Jd488 »

It's great to meet you! I lived in BR from 1992-2000. I enjoyed life there...except that traffic light at Airline and Sherwood Forest. It felt like you could sit there for 30 minutes before it changed.

I ended up buying a Mackie EleMent mic, studio monitor speaker, and headphone set. So far, it does the job nicely. I have already started on a chapter of a book written in 1900. It seems I forgot how verbose the prose can be. Still, even with the verbal gaffes, sounding like a teacher reading text, and pacing issues (reading too fast) so far, narrating is a lot more fun than anticipated.

Things will only get better. :-)