New member intro and question

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lisajablow

Post by lisajablow »

Hi, everyone. I'm Lisa from New York. I'm new to the world of audiobooks, but it seems like a logical extension for me since I've done a fair amount of radio and have spent my life on stage as an actor and an opera singer. So I'm pretty excited about getting started.

My question is -- I uploaded my 1-minute test a few days ago (at least I'm pretty sure that I did) and haven't gotten any feedback yet. Any suggestions about what to do?

Thanks!
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Welcome. You got a response yesterday. Check the thread in Listeners Wanted.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
lisajablow

Post by lisajablow »

Yes, thank you. I saw it right after I posted. This website has a bit of a learning curve ...
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think one of the learning things here which we all have is that we all live in different time zones and we all have real lives so response times may be immediate or maybe are not :D - a disadvantage some times and a delight other times :D

Anne
lisajablow

Post by lisajablow »

Right! Good point. You can't get much further from New York than Melbourne ... :wink:
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

lisajablow wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:28 am Hi, everyone. I'm Lisa from New York. I'm new to the world of audiobooks, but it seems like a logical extension for me since I've done a fair amount of radio and have spent my life on stage as an actor and an opera singer. So I'm pretty excited about getting started.

My question is -- I uploaded my 1-minute test a few days ago (at least I'm pretty sure that I did) and haven't gotten any feedback yet. Any suggestions about what to do?

Thanks!
Welcome, Lisa! 🦎
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄