My Introduction :)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bbogle

Post by bbogle »

Hello, everyone! I am Brittany Bogle, a first-time Librivox user. I learned about this site from one of my college professors. I am in school to be an elementary teacher. For my Teaching Social Studies course, we are required to volunteer, but due to Covid volunteering opportunities are limited. My professor suggested trying out this site! At first, I was quite overwhelmed by the forum, but after watching some Youtube videos, I feel like it's not so bad! I hope to be able to start recording soon. :)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Brittany and welcome to LibriVox! We’re so glad you joined us!
I see you’ve gotten to work on your 1-Minute Test, which is great. Michele gave you some feedback- I know it looks like a lot but it’s actually pretty simple once you carry out the required settings. And then they’ll stay in the right format (they shouldn’t reset) so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
Once your test is approved, find a project you like and jump in! I don’t recommend starting off with more than one or two sections at a time, at least for now- like you said, it definitely can feel overwhelming. Just start a little at a time and you’ll get there! I was overwhelmed too at first, but after you get over the first hurdle of figuring things out, everything settles down.
We’re a really friendly community, and we’d love to help you out. If you have any questions about anything at all, please feel free to ask! We hope you’ll like it here!

God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

bbogle wrote: March 11th, 2021, 8:05 am Hello, everyone! I am Brittany Bogle, a first-time Librivox user. I learned about this site from one of my college professors. I am in school to be an elementary teacher. For my Teaching Social Studies course, we are required to volunteer, but due to Covid volunteering opportunities are limited. My professor suggested trying out this site! At first, I was quite overwhelmed by the forum, but after watching some Youtube videos, I feel like it's not so bad! I hope to be able to start recording soon. :)
Welcome, Brittany! 🐩
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄