Another new member :D

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jeppycaleb

Post by jeppycaleb »

Hello everyone,

I'm Caleb from India. I'm rather new to audiobooks in general, but have found them extremely exciting. I'm really looking forward to contributing to the project here. I would love to contribute as a reader, but I'm open to contributing in other ways as well (proof listener or something similar). Do let me know where the need would be. As I'm from India, I do not know how many listeners would find my accent manageable (I of course love it :P ) so I'm open to help out in any capacity.

Looking forward to a great time!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Caleb and welcome to LibriVox! We're so glad to have you!
There is a huge spectrum of readers here- from the completely unexperienced, first-time recorders to professional readers (who work for Audible and such!) That's one of the things I love about this site.
There are many roles that volunteers can have.
Readers, as you know, claim sections/roles (my favorite is claiming characters from the Dramatic Readings section, as I love theatre.) You can also narrate a whole book or just a few chapters (although recording a whole book is usually encouraged only when you have a little more experience on this site. )
Editors edit together the Dramatic Works projects- the character lines and such.
Prooflisteners (aka PLs, or Dedicated Prooflisteners [DPLs]) listen to recordings and check the technical specifications and the accuracy against the text.
Book Coordinators (aka BCs) start projects and keep everything running smoothly, including the management of the Magic Window.
Meta-Coordinators (aka MCs) are certain admins on this site who oversee multiple projects at once, running everything through their magic. (This is not a role that can be "claimed", it's for experienced, longtime staff members.)
There are a couple other roles, such as cover artists and even pianists for certain projects!
You probably know some of these terms, if not all.
Regular volunteers are expected to record, edit, and do a "once-over" PL of their own work before uploading them. Prooflistening doesn't require recording, but if you want to read, you'll need to complete a 1-Minute Test (information found in the LibriVox Wiki.) It's not an audition, just a check to make sure you've got your tech specs right.
All that said (hopefully that wasn't an overload of information) we're so glad you joined us! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
We hope you'll like it here!

God bless,
Rachel
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

jeppycaleb wrote: ↑March 10th, 2021, 10:44 pm Hello everyone,
Welcome, Caleb! πŸ‘³β€β™‚οΈ
Alexander ❀ HandmadePSK ❀ About me β—€β—€β—€ (readable)
πŸ¦‹ Aspire to inspire before we expire! πŸ¦„