Hi all!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
aubergine27

Post by aubergine27 »

Hi everyone!
My name is Gabriela and I'm really happy to finally have decided to join LibriVox as a volunteer. I really love reading aloud generally so I don't know why it took me so long anyway. I am looking forward to starting working with such amazing people and thank you all for all the work that you've put in to do reading more accessible.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Gabriela, and welcome to LibriVox! We're so very glad you joined!

We’re a very friendly community, so please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions. You'll need to record a 1-Minute Test- not an audition by any means, just a short "starter" test so you can get a hang of things and make sure your settings are correct. (You can find more info about it in the Wiki.) After your test is approved, find a project you’re interested in and jump in! I don’t recommend starting off with more than maybe two sections at first, but after you’ve gotten a little experience you can do more.

Oh, and I recommend keeping a cup of tea or water by your recording equipment. Keeping the vocal cords hydrated and working smoothly is a must for reading aloud.

Thank you so much for joining us!

God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

aubergine27 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 6:36 pm Hi everyone!
Welcome, Gabriela! 🐬
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄