New and ready to get started

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
mythdom

Post by mythdom »

Hi everyone, Alex here. I'm from upstate NY and, being a year out of college, I wanted to try something new. I've been playing with the idea of getting into recording, and I figured now is as good a time as any. I don't have much experience in any kind of performing, but this community seems so welcoming so I hope I can pick up the skills with some help. I usually read fantast and sci-fi, but looking seeing the wide range of books recorded here makes me want to branch out and explore some other genres. I look forward to meeting all you wonderful people and getting started on some projects.
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Welcome Alex! I, too, am in upstate NY. Yes, this community welcomes you even without any experience. If you browse through the forums and Wiki, you'll find mountains of suggestions, and enormously helpful people.

Some beginners feel overwhelmed by the choices. So many opportunities here! I got started here by submitting my recording of the weekly poem. It's a relatively easy way to begin and try the new skills. Let me know if you would like any help with it.

Best wishes,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

mythdom wrote: March 9th, 2021, 9:10 am Hi everyone, Alex here.
Welcome, namesake! 🐸
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄