Glad To Be Here Second Go

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
KinoOnik

Post by KinoOnik »

Hello everyone, I first came across LibriVox scouring the Internet a number of years ago. While I'm not certain what I was searching for, I would guess it was classic reading material for my Kindle. On the other hand, it may have been an audiobook to pass the time while driving.

I am a 56 year old, retired New York State prosecutor. At present, I am a semi-retired trial attorney. I have two children of whom I am quite proud. My daughter attends college and my son will soon be entering college as well. I joined Librivox a couple of years ago. Sadly the world had other plans for for me at the time and I got tugged away.

I have a number of hobbies but devote much of time to reading and writing.

I recall at the beginning or at the end of each LibriVox audio reading a brief announcement indicating the source of the recording and an invitation to visit LibriVox in order to volunteer.

I have enjoyed reading aloud all my life. To this day I take advantage of doing so whenever I have the chance. Rarely do I have an audience these days. As such, I have no practical reason for reading aloud other than for my own enjoyment. I have relegated the exercise to a private indulgence and read only when I am certain no one is within earshot.

I would like to volunteer as a reader for LibriVox because I would very much like to regain a practical reason for reading aloud. I hope to gain some personal enjoyment while benefiting others.

At the moment I have concerns regarding the technical elements of recording and transmitting to LibriVox but I trust there is an army of equally eager volunteers or employees able to assist with such matters.

I am looking forward to this new experience.
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Welcome back! Congratulations on overcoming the challenges of the technical elements of recording and transmitting a file, and getting your first PLOK (for your test recording). We're glad that you are contributing to our Collections.

Your inclination to read aloud for your own enjoyment is terrific. We look forward to hearing that joy in your recordings. It's a great gift for our listeners.

I, too, am in NY. Northern NY. Thank you for your service as a prosecutor and trial attorney.

Best wishes to you and your children. Stay safe and well,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

KinoOnik wrote: March 6th, 2021, 6:20 pm Hello everyone,
Welcome, TY! 🌞
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄