New to LibriVox and eager to begin

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
FrancescNello

Post by FrancescNello »

Dear all,

My name is Francesc. I have just joined LibriVox and am excited to start. I have always wanted to work as a narrator and can't believe I never thought of volunteering for this organisation.

As of now, I still need to purchase a microphone and a decent pair of headphones. So I expect I will be doing that as soon as possible.

I can't say how amazed I am by the fact that this is purely done by volunteers, it truly inspires me to see so many people dedicated to bringing this together and offering such a generous platform. It makes me all the more eager to put in my fair share of work.

I am trying to familiarise myself with how the system works yet would really appreciate some tips for a beginner such as myself.

Sincerely,
Francesc Nello
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Welcome Francesc! We're glad you're here! How are you doing with choosing a mic? Have you found helpful suggestions in the forums and Wiki?

Many of us prefer to use headphones, but they are not necessary.

We are looking forward to when you get your mic and feel ready to contribute your first reading. In the meantime, do you have any questions about submitting your test recording?

Best wishes,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
FrancescNello

Post by FrancescNello »

Hello Grace.

I'm sorry I never answered your message. I am still trying to figure out how the notifications work.

I have my equipment and have submitted my test recording so I'm excited to begin!
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Hooray for your progress getting your equipment and submitting test recordings AND claiming a section! :clap: As soon as you get a "PLOK" on your test recording, you'll be ready to record and submit your first section. In the meantime, remember to post a reply on The American Bee Journal stating what name you would like for yourself in the catalog.

The catalog: When your recordings are published publicly, your recordings will be identified by the name that you choose. It can be the same as your forum name, or something else. Unlike your forum name, it can contain spaces e.g., my forum name is GraceBuchanan, and my catalog name is Grace Buchanan. If you go to the catalog page for the previous issue of The American Bee Journal you'll see the list of readers identified by their catalog names instead of their forum names.

So many obstacles to overcome as you get your first reading published! We are all here to support and encourage you. We're looking forward to hearing what you have to offer,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Regarding figuring out how Notifications work, I recall that they work differently for new members, but I don't recall in what ways. It might be explained in your Welcome email message. You might want to refer to the Notification section of the Forum page at the LibriVox Wiki. You might want to post a question on your test recording thread, or with your claim at The American Bee Journal, or in the Help forum. You'll find people at all of those places who can give you better direction.

Thanks for following up with me. Wishing you well,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

FrancescNello wrote: March 6th, 2021, 4:05 pm Dear all,
Welcome, Francesc!
I am glad that I already had a happy opportunity to cooperate with you.
And I hope that we will repeat this more than once.
All the best to you! 🤝
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄