Newbie Intro - Rick Jay

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
RickJay

Post by RickJay »

Hello all,

My name is Rick Jay, and I am brand new to the world of audiobook narration. I thought this would be a great and productive way to learn and develop my skills while contributing something.

I am an electrical engineer by trade, so at the present this is a side endeavor. My main interests are health, sports, biographies, science/math, and other non-fiction. I may take a stab at fiction although I worry that character acting and voices may not be my strong suit. I hope to explore a wide variety, though, and not rule anything out.

I am looking forward to getting to work, and learning and getting feedback from you all. Thanks!
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Welcome RickJay! The enthusiasm and curiosity that you bring shine through clearly. You will find much to inspire you in these forums and in the LibriVox Wiki. As an electrical engineer, you might find kindred spirits at the Audacity forum as well.

Character voices might be less important than you think. Rather than contorting your voice into distinct sounds, you might discover that your voice changes itself sufficiently when you simply pause, think of what you know about the character, and then proceed. You can edit out the pauses later.

I welcome any questions,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

RickJay wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 6:36 am Hello all
Welcome, Rick! 🐹
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
RickJay

Post by RickJay »

HandmadePSK wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 7:40 pm
RickJay wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 6:36 am Hello all
Welcome, Rick! 🐹
Thank you!