Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Generoushorse

Post by Generoushorse »

Hello everyone! My name is Roxy, and I'm excited to be here.

I discovered Librivox back in 2016 when I had to read the US Constitution for a class. I was having trouble reading it, so I looked for a free audiobook and found Librivox. I have since used your services for many of my audiobook needs, and heard you ask for volunteers enough times I decided to check you guys out.

I have always enjoyed performing when I read aloud. I've been told I have a wonderful voice, but never considered a career in narration because up until now, accents have eluded me. I now know that not every narration job requires a knowledge of accents, and that the human brain is capable of learning anything if the desire is great enough.

I still do not know if I should go in to narration, but I believe Librivox is a good place to start and see if I like it. If nothing else, I plan on using it as a "get out of your comfort zone" learning experience exercise.

Thank you for allowing me into your community.

Roxy
Roxy
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Welcome Roxy! We're glad you're here! And we're glad that you responded to that familiar phrase, "to volunteer..."

As long as you are reluctant to attempt accents, I suggest that you read the entire chapter/poem/dramatic role before you claim it to make sure that you feel comfortable and excited about performing it. Besides accents, you might find that some texts are challenging to read because of weird spellings or unfamiliar sayings and such. I learn a lot when I look up these kinds of findings.

Best wishes as you find many opportunities to reach outside of your comfort zone!
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Generoushorse wrote: February 25th, 2021, 9:04 am Hello everyone!
Roxy
Hello Roxy! 🐴🦄🦓

Yeah, I see that coming out of your comfort zone, you find yourself in the folding chair inside your closet! What should be more comfortble than that? :lol:
Well, have a good time and pleasant exercises to your mind here! But first of all - have fun!
And thank you for being here) 🌞
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄