Hi! I'm new here.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Vegasvine15761

Post by Vegasvine15761 »

My name is Nedra with a short "e". I am a writer and I've published 4 short stories. Four years ago, I also completed a novel. I'm in the process of editing my first draft. Last year my husband gave me Voice Acting School as a gift. I love reading and have always wanted to read my own books as well as other for audio. I was ready to network, shaking in my boots, but Covid happened. I was asked to do my first Voice Over with my church. I was pee-my-pants-happy to say the least. I am a late bloomer at 62. I can't wait to soak up everything I can. However, somethings MAY take a while to understand. Yet I'm not going to give up, something I am good at, but not now... I am old. It is now or never! Thank you for allowing me to be part of this community of sharing our voices for the good--kinda like super hero's!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, Nedra, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

It's not as complicated as it may seem to get into our system. Phil has made a video to introduce you to LibriVox, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s .... and you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

One advantage of reading for LibriVox is that you don't have a live audience listening to your live voice ... no stage fright! Your experience in writing should help you, as you have in your head the motivations and voices of your characters. When you're reading the work of other authors, you should find that it helps you to read aloud.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay. ... oh, and age is no barrier, either young or old (I'm 72, and one of the "new members" posts I saw recently was from a 9 year old reader).

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Vegasvine15761 wrote: February 12th, 2021, 2:34 pm My name is Nedra with a short "e".
Hi Nedra! 🌺
I am a writer and I've published 4 short stories. Four years ago, I also completed a novel. I'm in the process of editing my first draft. Last year my husband gave me Voice Acting School as a gift.
Great!
I was ready to network, shaking in my boots, but Covid happened.
Yeah, it changed many plans!
I am a late bloomer at 62.
And I am the same at my 32)
Late bloomers rule! 🌈
Thank you for allowing me to be part of this community of sharing our voices for the good--kinda like super hero's!
Let`s be the heroes together!
Welcome and all the most joyful to you! 💜
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄