Hello from Central Virginia, USA!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kaylafurrow

Post by kaylafurrow »

Hello! My name is Kayla Furrow. I love reading but don't always have much time to read actual paper books. I discovered Librivox a while ago and listen to a book here and there. After recently listening to This Side of Paradise read by Mark Smith, I decided I would look into volunteering! I am very excited to be here! I think I will start with the "proofing" of recorded readings before I delve into trying to record some myself.

I live in Central Virginia. I am the only female home inspector in my area! I really love what I do, but I am also considering going to grad school in the next few years. I have my Bachelor of Science in Psychology but I would like to see myself through to a PhD. For leisure, I spend time with my friends or watching TV shows or reading, though I don't get too much leisure time with owning my own inspection business.

I can't wait to see where this new venture takes me!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, Kayla, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

Phil has made a video to introduce new members to LibriVox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

And you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

Proof listening (as a "PL" or "DPL", a "dedicated proof listener", who takes on all the proof-listening for a whole project) is a great way to learn how the system works ... and it gives you an insight into the amount of work that the reader has to put into it. We always need more PLers.

It's an involving hobby; I hope you'll enjoy it.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

kaylafurrow wrote: February 11th, 2021, 5:21 pm Hello! My name is Kayla Furrow.
Hello Kayla! 🌷
I love reading but don't always have much time to read actual paper books.
Our actual reality, yeah)
I think I will start with the "proofing" of recorded readings before I delve into trying to record some myself.
I do the same, just learning English and having no time to go deep into audio-post-recording-works.
It`s the same an interesting and useful activity!
accurate
I am the only female home inspector in my area!
Really bad news for your local home keepers, I suppose; for women usually are more accurate and responsible.
I can't wait to see where this new venture takes me!
To a ton of nice things and people, I hope and wish to you! 🦝

Welcome and good luck! 👋
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄