Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DanielT59

Post by DanielT59 »

I'm from Toronto,Canada and I am recently retired. I had always wanted to try narration and now that I have a little extra time I looked into recording for Audible. Quickly realizing I was nowhere near ready to take on a large project, I decided to come here and start slowly. I think this site is a wonderful idea and I look forward to being able to contribute. I will upload a test audio soon and would welcome any feedback :D
I am using an inexpensive usb mic placed inside a box lined with acoustic foam
DanielT59
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

I see that you're already submitting recordings; I'm glad you were able to work your way through the first steps so quickly. You can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

I hope you're enjoying yourself. I know how much work is needed to create even a short recording; don't let it put you off!

It's an addictive hobby; I've been at it for around fifteen years ... it's a shock to me, too.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

DanielT59 wrote: February 9th, 2021, 12:34 pm I'm from Toronto,Canada
DanielT59
Howdie Daniel! 😎

I know nothing about Audible, but the most of things here are pretty clear and well-accessible even to newbies like you and me.
I`m pleased to see you figured out everything well and are just recording your first books.

So, welcome and thanx for coming! ✨
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
DanielT59

Post by DanielT59 »

sorry, just saw this today. still finding my way around. thanks for the encouraging words. I am enjoying it but it is time consuming. I gradually getting faster at it
thanks again
Daniel
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi Daniel and welcome to Librivox. This is an amazing place to be. If you need any help just ask. Have fun finding books you would like to read.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi