Hello from Alisha

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
alishaachopra

Post by alishaachopra »

I am Alisha Chopra from India. Singing had always been my passion and have also been a motivational speaker at some private gatherings. I also took a training in voiceovers so now keen to record various books. :)
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Hello, Alisha, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

Your singing background will help you enormously ... not least because you start out knowing that at least some of your listeners like the sound of your voice! It can be difficult for a new reader who hasn't performed for other people to acquire this confidence. Long, long time ago I used to sing casually in folk clubs (in the Enland), so I started with that advantage, too.

Your introductory email will guide you through the first steps, and Phil has made a video to introduce you to LibriVox, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

You can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum. It's a friendly place.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

alishaachopra wrote: February 8th, 2021, 3:28 am I am Alisha Chopra from India. Singing had always been my passion and have also been a motivational speaker at some private gatherings. I also took a training in voiceovers so now keen to record various books. :)
Hello Alisha! And welcome! 🌺

Im sure that your mild voice will please both children and adults all around the world.
Thanks for your work here and all the best! 🐄
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄