New in town: Andrew James

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AndrewSproule

Post by AndrewSproule »

Hi everyone,

Lovely to meet you all. Like most of you, I love to read. And Librivox changed my world way back when, since it gave me a chance to listen-read when I couldn't read a book.

I'm a producer for an ad agency in Philadelphia and a couple years ago built my own studio. Of all the things I could use the studio for, this is by far the one I'm most excited about. I've been composing/recording/playing/singing music for 15 years. This doesn't mean I'll be a good reader. I'm quite self-concious about my reading aloud, actually, but as dorky as it may be, I've been prepping and doing book voice-overs for about a year now, in direct preparation for joining Librivox as a volunteer.

I'll give it my all, will keep an open mind, ready to learn, ready to read and proof, ready to be a part of a community I can believe in.

Cheers,
Andrew
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Welcome to LibriVox, I hope you're enjoying your time here! It sounds like you have a great set up already. As for being self-concious about reading, I have found that many people are. I know I'm often my worst critic. Luckily, LibriVox gives a great and friendly platform to record. Have fun reading!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

AndrewSproule wrote: January 25th, 2021, 12:44 pm Hi everyone,

Cheers,
Andrew
Hi Andrew! 👋

Nice to see such a well-equipped and enthusiastic co-walker on such a purposeful path!
Thank you for coming! Good health & good luck! 🌌
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄