Hi!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
riyaashaw

Post by riyaashaw » January 24th, 2021, 10:31 pm

Hey! Everyone! riyaashaw here!!
I am an avid reader and have always wanted to join LibriVox because I love reading out books, especially for kids and the visually challenged. I also volunteer at an NGO where I record short stories for the purpose. But, audio books are a huge thing for working people now, (me too, sometimes) as we can manage reading (or listening to) books that we love while multitasking. So.....
I hope I can be of some help to this community too! Very excited to volunteer. Looking forward to working!
:D

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » February 23rd, 2021, 5:23 am

Hello, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

It's really not as difficult as it may seem; I know the amount of information you get can be overwhelming, but once you've had your sample checked for its technical aspects, and you've read a couple of pieces in the Short Works collection (and you've found how much work even a short piece takes!), it will all seem like second nature.

Phil has made a video to introduce you to LibriVox, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s .... and you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

It's a great hobby ... and your voice will be heard around the world!

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger