New Reader for English & Spanish

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
alexandraatiya

Post by alexandraatiya » January 24th, 2021, 11:59 am

Hi all,

I am a PhD candidate studying medieval English and Spanish literature. In the past, I worked as an editorial assistant to a writer who was blind and volunteered at the Lighthouse (an organization supporting people with visual impairments). In these roles, I got into the habit of reading a variety of texts aloud.

Since I love reading aloud and love listening to LibriVox recordings, I thought I'd give this a shot!

Alexandra

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » February 23rd, 2021, 12:48 am

Hello, Alexandra, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

If you follow the steps in your introductory email, you'll soon learn how the system works .... it's not as complicated as it seems! Also, Phil has made a video to introduce you to LibriVox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s .... and a lot of other videos covering different aspects of learning how to get involved.

If you have any questions, you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum. It's a friendly place.

We want as many as possible speakers of languages other than English. Both to record and to listen: every recording needs someone to "proof listen" it ... to check it for errors, too-long pauses, background noise etc.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger