#LawOfAttraction :)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Emlightened

Post by Emlightened » January 19th, 2021, 6:48 pm

HI there!

I'm a huge believer in the Law of Attraction, and ironically enough it was an audiobook on it "The Game of Life and How to Play It" that lead me here today!! I've had countless friends and family comment on how unique my voice is, or how I have a great voice for storytelling. Never did I think I'd find a place so accessible to finally give it a try!

I call myself an "entertainment enthusiast" because I have a huge admiration for all the arts, particularly when it comes to performance, whether it's theatre, poetry recitations or music! Anywho, I'm hear to lend a voice as a reader and I am so excited to be part of this community. I look forward to reading and working with y'all!

Em :)

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why » February 22nd, 2021, 3:00 am

Hello, Em, and welcome to LibriVox. I'm sorry about the long delay in answering your post.

Your introductory email will guide you into our system, and you can always get help in the Need Help subforum, further down the main page of the forum.

Phil has made a video to introduce you to LibriVox, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

You'll have a wonderful chance to get that storytelling voice heard around the world.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger

msfry

Post by msfry » February 22nd, 2021, 10:10 am

Hello Enlightened, I see you've got the OK on your 1 minute test and are now ready to foray into the Readers Wanted forums. I recommend you look for short files to read first, until you get a handle on uploading, editing, etc. Not much is worse than getting stuck under a first recording that takes hours to complete (been there, done that). Keep it light and breezy at first. Children's books, poems, sections under 2000 words (12-13 minutes). All you need to know is contained in the First Post of every project (each one is a little different, so read them carefully), and don't be afraid to ask questions. I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground.
Michele Fry, CC
"There is no frigate like a book to take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page of prancing poetry." ~ Emily Dickinson

Love Stories #4
Coffee Break Collection #30 - Mythical Creatures